As a one wage household, I have to admit that I could do better saving money each month. So I’ve compiled a fantastic list of 25+ ways to save money each month. I highly recommend these, to me they are budgeting tips and I believe that everyone can put them in to practice right away. Why not give these simple tips a go and see how much further your money goes.
WAYS TO SAVE MONEY EACH MONTH TOP TIPS
- Want to catch up with friends. Stave off those expensive coffees and drinks and opt for inviting them over. You could also cook them a meal with either groceries you purchased with coupons or you got free on the Shopmium app!
- Declutter every other month and sell your unused or unwanted items on Gumtree or Ebay. It’s very therapeutic decluttering!
- Avoid fast food. Make fresh lunches and dinners. You can do this by meal planning which saves you time and money.
- When you get paid, invest some time in the envelop system. Make separate envelopes for monthly expenses and put cash in them and don’t go over that amount. Any leftover cash can go in to your savings.
- Save any penalties on bills by paying on time or before time as some companies offer discounts for paying upfront.
- When buying clothes check the washing instructions and stay clear of dry clean only clothes. A nightmare for women’s clothes in particular!
- Cut down on your transport costs by car sharing or using public transport. Another alternative is to walk part of the way! Good for your health and your wallet!
- Use cash as much as possible to stay away from any overdrafts or credit cards. This will also help you avoid any bank charges.
- Save your loose change. At the end of each day pop it in a large jar. Save you for a special treat or occasion.
- Don’t impulse buy. Wait before hitting that buy button. Make sure you really need it. Consider looking for a cheaper alternative or buying second hand.
- Dig out all your current bills and suppliers. Phone them up and see what kind of deal they can offer you.
- Step down from branded goods when shopping to generic or store own brands. They are much cheaper and sometimes they offer deals on buy one get one free.
- Buy preloved items when you can. These can be anything from furniture to clothing. Check out Ebay or Gumtree for items.
- Make sure you cancel any unused memberships such as gym. Especially if you never use them!
- Visit cashback websites to ensure you get money back from anything you buy online.
- Sign up for reward points, coupons and to get free groceries. Read this post on getting free groceries.
- Stop buying expensive coffee on your break. Buy a flask and make coffee at home to bring with you. You can make filter coffee at home which tastes lovely so give it a go and see how much you could save.
- Use coupons as much as you can. You don’t have to be an extreme couponer but just enough to save you some money.
- Use free wi-fi as much as possible. Most shops offer free wi-fi now and some transport services have it too so make the most of it to cut down on your data allowance.
- Don’t use a tumble dryer. Opt for drying your clothes outside. If it’s raining go for a heated airer instead just like this one.
- Do you have a spare room? Consider renting it out as an Airbnb. This is a great way of bringing in some extra income and be a wonderful host to a visitor.
These are just some ways to save money each month. Can you think of some others? I’d love to hear from you.
PLEASE PIN THIS POST